- The principle of ultrasound
- Differences and advantages of the transabdominal method
- Indications for study
- Preparation for ultrasound
- back workout 2 progress»>Procedure progress
- Decoding results
Transabdominal Ultrasound: How the organs are examined, how long primo acetate does the procedure take?
What is a transabdominal ultrasound method of examination of the pelvic organs. Types, benefits, indications for. Deciphering the results of the procedure.
Transabdominal ultrasound: principle, indications and preparation for the study
Modern and safe ultrasound research method is the best and accurate diagnosis. Transabdominal ultrasound helps to investigate the pelvic organs, to identify pathology at an early stage of development. This method helps to identify the disease and choose the most effective treatment.
The content of the article
- The principle of ultrasound
- How is the
- Types of procedure
The principle of ultrasound
Ultrasound helps to identify prostate gland inflammations, neoplasms in men and explore other organs of the urogenital system. Thanks to high technology, prostatitis or benign hyperplasia can be detected at an early stage of development.
How is the
Transabdominal examination is carried out on the abdominal wall. Doppler set on the abdomen. This method is chosen for the diagnosis of male and female pathologies.
High-precision research is possible due to echolocation. A sound wave is sent through the abdominal cavity, which, after reflection, transmits a signal through a special sensor to the screen. This method does not cause harm, in contrast to radiographic radiation.
Data exchange helps to display on the screen a picture of the structure of internal organs. The doctor will detect the disease or refute the suspicion of a particular disease. This research method is often used during pregnancy to diagnose the condition of the fetus.
Types of procedure
Ultrasound diagnosis helps to collect complete information about the patient’s health, shows the state of the tissues of internal organs, vessels and veins. After reviewing the picture on the screen, the doctor makes a medical report.
Transabdominal ultrasound method is used to diagnose gynecological and urological diseases. The direction to the ultrasound diagnosis is prescribed by the attending physician.
There are several basic methods of ultrasound:
- Transvaginal. This is a diagnostic method for examining the female body. A sensor with a rounded tip is inserted into the vagina. The patient is usually seated on a gynecological chair. To protect against infection, a condom is put on the best online steroid pharmacy reviews doppler tip. This method helps to examine the organs of the uterus and appendages, as they are in close proximity.
- Transabdominal.This is a standard procedure that is performed to study the organs of the abdominal cavity. The abdomen is lubricated with a special gel, the doppler is led along the lower and upper parts to assess the condition of the internal organs.
- Transrectal examination.More often prescribed to male patients. A sensor is inserted into the intestinal area just a few centimeters deep. Doppler must wear a condom to protect against infections. The doctor assesses the condition of the prostate, seminal vesicles and other organs nearby.
Such a diagnosis helps to consider the condition of not only the abdominal organs, but also the urogenital system. For examination of the reproductive system of women, the transvaginal method is more informative, for men – the transrectal method. Pregnant patients are examined transabdominally.
Differences and advantages of the transabdominal method
The transabdominal ultrasound method helps to investigate the pelvic organs and the abdominal cavity. The procedure has a drawback – for the study of the prostate it is better to choose a rectal ultrasound, consider the uterus and the appendages will work out better with a vaginal invasive method.
Advantages of the transabdominal method:
- safety and painlessness of the procedure;
- high resolution and clear visualization;
- no need for the use of contrast injections;
- low cost of research compared to computed tomogram.
Unlike CG or X-ray, the human body is not exposed to hazardous radiation. Ultrasonic waves do not harm tissues. In terms of cost, the research method can be called inexpensive and affordable. On average, the procedure can be paid from 1000 to 2000 rubles.
Indications for study
Ultrasound of the pelvic organs will help identify developmental pathologies at an early stage. The doctor may refer you for examination in case of abdominal pains, disturbances of the process of urination. Indications for men and women are different.
A general practitioner or a narrow specialist such as a gynecologist, urologist, andrologist can refer you for research.
Indications for women:
- The presence of spikes, cysts and tumors on the internal organs.
- Diagnosis of pregnancy or lack thereof.
- Tracing the course of pregnancy, monitoring fetal development.
- Setting the size of the internal organs, their position.
- Diagnosis of inflammatory diseases of the appendages, the presence of polyps.
- Suspected cancer.
- Ectopic pregnancy or suspected obstruction of the tubes.
Investigation of the state of the uterus and ovaries helps to identify hormonal disorders at an early stage. Transabdominal ultrasound helps to detect polycystic, endometriosis and other inflammatory diseases.
Indications for men:
- Pain and discomfort in the groin area.
- Painful urination process.
- Suspicious discharge from the urethra.
- Problems with conception.
- Chronic diseases of the prostate and other internal what is palumboism organs of the abdominal cavity.
- Venereal diseases and other infections.
- The presence of blood in the urine or semen.
As an additional diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe laboratory tests. According to the general results of the study, you can make an accurate diagnosis. In chronic prostatitis, an ultrasound scan can be prescribed as a prophylaxis.
Preparation for ultrasound
Special preparatory procedures are not necessary. It is recommended for the accuracy of the study and a clearer picture on the eve of the ultrasound to abandon the gas-forming products. Flatulence can cause difficult accurate diagnosis.
1 hour before the test, it is recommended to drink plenty of water. With transabdominal ultrasound, there must be a full bladder so that it expels the intestines from the screen.
In case of emergency, when an ultrasound scan is performed urgently, the bladder can be filled with a catheter. Men can come to the reception at any time, it is important for women to choose the right day of the cycle. This is usually the period after menstruation (7-10 days).
The doctor will advise the patient to take a towel and napkins. In private clinics, disposable diapers are used. The specialist lubricates the abdomen with a special gel and leads a doppler along the abdominal wall.
The procedure lasts from 10 to 20 minutes depending on the purpose of the study. The patient must lie motionless in order not to provoke image disturbances. At the end of the diagnosis will need wipes or a towel to wipe off the remnants of the gel.
During the study, the doctor will assess the size of the internal organs, the magnification, the presence of cysts, polyps and adhesions. Decoding results for women is different from men. In the study of the organism of the stronger sex, special attention is paid to the organs of the prostate and seminal vesicles.
Normal indicators of the result of ultrasound in men:
- prostate: size – 2.5×2.3×1.5 – 4.5×4.0x2.5 cm, volume – 30 cm3. The heterogeneous structure of tissues may be due to the presence of tumors, cysts and the inflammatory process. An enlarged prostate gland talks about prostatitis;
- seminal vesicles:size – 1 cm, shape – elongated. Increased size may indicate the presence of inflammatory diseases;
- bladder:volume – from 350 to 750 ml, shape – round or oval. The walls are up to 3 mm thick, crisp and even. Sediment, blood clots and calculus speak of pathology, thickening of the walls may indicate chronic cystitis.
In women, the size of the bladder is smaller than in men. Normal volume ranges from 250 to 550 ml. When cystitis is also observed thickening of the walls.
Ultrasound diagnosis will show:
- uterus:size – from 50x50x45 mm (for women induject 250 who have not given birth) to 70x60x50 mm (for those who have given birth). Increased size may indicate the development of fibroids, endometriosis, reduced – underdevelopment of the organ;
- endometrium:thickness is determined by the day of the menstrual cycle. Hyperechogenicity indicates the presence of tumors;
- Cervix:size – 40×30 mm, long channel – up to 3 mm. Changes and deformation of the structure and contours, as well as the expansion of the channel speak of pathology;
- ovaries:volume – 10 cm ³, size – 37x30x22 mm. Before menstruation are increased, the contours are uneven. The left and right ovary may vary in size;
- the fallopian tubes:visualization may be a sign of ectopic pregnancy or inflammation. With transabdominal ultrasound should not be visible.
Any deviation should be studied further. The doctor will prescribe a laboratory test and re-ultrasound if there is a suspicion of the presence of the disease. Compliance with simple rules of preparation will help make the study as informative as possible.
In this video you can see how transabdominal ultrasound is performed.